The Lines Encroachment Engineer will report to the Manager, Operational Engineering, and focus on analysis of third party proximity, encroachment and crossing requests of AltaLink’s Transmission facilities.
• Evaluate and approve/deny requests to encroach upon, cross or jointly use transmission assets
• Manage contracts and auditing of crossing requests to ensure competence of any third parties used to assist in the technical evaluations
• Familiarity and compliance with any third party master proximity/encroachment/crossing agreements
• Liaise with internal and external customers to address issues and concerns
• Work directly with Integrated Projects, when required
• Establish compliance reports
• Communicate AltaLink’s standards and AEUC codes with Third parties and report violations to the Safety department
• Provide support to field personnel as required
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
• Professional member of APEGA, or eligible for membership
• 5 years of experience in a related field
• In depth knowledge of all standards and codes that apply to transmission line design and the ability to research and apply any past code requirements to existing facilities in current situations (Alberta power system facilities, Alberta Utility Code (AUC) and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) )
• Knowledge of GIS an asset
• Knowledge of PLSCADD an asset
• Superior organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage a wide variety of projects/issues simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment with both office and field staff
• Proactive in third party requests for line moves and facility adjustments
• Demonstrated ability to work under tight timelines and in high stress situations
• Must have a valid class 5 drivers license
• Ability and willingness to travel to site as required
Interested? Visit www.altalink.ca to submit a resume and cover letter by May 31, 2012.
Please mention you saw this posting at EBMag.com!
EB CAREERS - AltaLink Lines Encroachment Engineer - 1797Date Posted: May 10, 2012 - Date Ends: November 29, 1999
May 10, 2012 - AltaLink is a fully independent transmission company, responsible for the maintenance and operation of approximately 11,600 kilometres of transmission lines and 260 substations in Alberta. AltaLink is seeking to hire a:Lines Encroachment Engineer - full-time, Calgary, Alta.
2016 Ontario Energy Network Annual Charity Golf TournamentThu Jul 14, 2016
2016 IEEE PES General MeetingSun Jul 17, 2016
Webinar: Cash Flow Problems? 5 Ways to Maximize your ProfitsTue Aug 23, 2016 @ 2:00pm - 03:00pm
EFC 16th Annual Federation Cup Golf 2016Wed Aug 24, 2016
EAM Fall 2016 Golf Classic TournamentThu Aug 25, 2016 @ 8:00am - 08:00pm
Green Energy Doors Open 2016Fri Sep 09, 2016