Electrical Contracting Division
The junior electrical estimator’s main role will be to assist the estimating department in estimating/quoting small to large sized projects. The person will work within Accubid (quoting software) to produce bills of material, labour hours, and material pricing for the ultimate purpose of putting together a final bid package. This person should have some Canadian experience quoting projects in the commercial or industrial sectors or relevant electrical field experience as well as a thorough and up to date understanding of the Canadian and Ontario Electrical Codes.
Essential job functions:
• Develop bills of material according to project specifications and senior estimators design.
• Estimate labour hours.
• Estimate material pricing while in communication with the purchasing department for prices and availability.
• Communicate with customers and estimating personnel about deadlines and project specifications.
• Assist in organizational jobs such as pulling electrical permits and communicating with field personnel when necessary.
Education and experience required:
• Electrical licence (409A) or other relevant electrical background.
• Past experience working on commercial and industrial type jobs with working knowledge of differing types of material or past experience as an electrical estimator.
• Working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code.
• The ability to read and understand electrical drawings, single line drawings, building blueprints, and general contractor specifications.
• The applicant does not have to be currently working in the field but must have relevant experience so as to be efficient and useful.
• Communication and organization is essential including a solid grasp on the English language.
Employment includes a benefit package, a company vehicle, work uniforms, education opportunities and a stable work environment with the opportunity to advance your knowledge and current skill set.
Interested? Resumes can be sent to
or faxed to 905-625-0268.
Please mention you saw this posting at EBMag.com!
EB CAREERS - Sheridan Electric Services Jr Electrical Estimator - June 2012Date Posted: June 01, 2012 - Date Ends: November 29, 1999
June 1, 2012 - Sheridan Electric Services, an electrical contracting company in the central Greater Toronto Area (GTA) region, is currently looking to hire a:Junior Electrical Estimator
WorldSkills Sao Paulo 2015Tue Aug 11, 2015
18th Annual OEL Industry Golf TournamentWed Aug 12, 2015
EFC 15th Annual Federation Cup Golf TournamentWed Aug 19, 2015
CIGRÉ Canada 2015 ConferenceMon Aug 31, 2015