Salary hourly rate: $30.41
The individual will report directly to the Manager, Facilities Operations, under the direction of the leadhand, the incumbent performs a wide variety of tasks related to the operation and maintenance of the University’s electrical/electronic systems. This position is available to internal and external candidates and is represented by CUPE Local 926.
• Physical effort: Carrying supplies, reaching, bending, stretching, heavy lifting, climbing.
• Physical environment: Varying temperatures, exposure to high voltage, fumes, chemicals and solvents, noise, dirt including sewage waste products and possibly infectious or toxic environment. Working in cramped quarters.
• Sensory attention: Following required codes. Attention to detail when working with electricity. Operating specialized equipment. Reading code books and blueprints.
• Mental stress: Moderate. On call.
• Respects and responds to direction given by leadhand(s);
• Contributes and participates in the effective use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (TMA) in completing work orders;
• Performs all duties of an Electrician Journey Person;
• Accesses, monitors and controls the Building Automation System & Utility Monitoring System when required;
• Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as per schedule;
• Repairs and maintains all electrical distribution systems, emergency backup systems, electrical/electronic equipment, up to 600 Volts
• Recognizes electrical/electronic problems and/or hazards and makes repairs when necessary;
• Performs electrical repairs to appliances and equipment in kitchens, residences, offices and classrooms;
• Prepares estimates for work orders;
• Requests, orders or picks up required material from suppliers in order to complete the job as directed by the Leadhand;
• Keeps necessary records for electrical inspection and documentation for Electrical Safety Authority’s CSS Program;
• Maintains records to comply with internal and external requirements;
• Complies with all University & Departmental Policies and Procedures;
• Prepares any reports required for control, audit, inventory or reporting purposes;
• Performs other related duties;
• In emergencies, performs minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and the work does not exceed own limitations.
• Will be required to be on call as necessary.
• Must possess a valid Department of Labour Certificate of Qualification (309A) -Electrician, Construction and Maintenance and must possess a Department of Labour Certificate of Apprenticeship, Electrician, Construction and Maintenance;
• Must possess a valid Fire Alarm Technician Certificate;
• Must possess a valid Class - G Ontario Driver’s licence;
• Currently working in the trade and demonstrated experience as an electrician
• Demonstrated experience installing electrical distribution systems for construction projects;
• Demonstrated experience working in a building maintenance capacity;
• Demonstrated experience working with complex electronic and controls equipment;
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex machines/equipment;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code and electrical safe work practices, i.e. CSA Z462, NFPA – 70E, Lockout/Tagout, Permit processes, etc.;
• Training in fall arrest and elevating platforms required;
• Ability to layout and install unique electrical systems for special projects. This will require the ability to read and work from blueprints and electrical schematics;
• Strong Computer literacy, e.g. use of software control systems, utility monitoring software, e-mail, Microsoft Office, developing reports, Maintenance Software systems, etc;
• Teamwork - ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision. Shares information with team members and is collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees;
• Customer focused - responds promptly to customer needs. Uses customer information to improve service. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers;
• Receptive to change - can adapt to changing circumstances. Makes suggestions for improvement. Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current;
• Respects diversity - treats others with respect and is understanding of others. Avoids unnecessary conflict;
• Managing self - exhibits a strong sense of own capabilities. Demonstrates honesty, integrity and ethical conduct. Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions;
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, leadhand and customers.
INTERESTED? CLICK HERE to submit your resume and cover letter by May 11, 2012.
Please mention you saw this posting at EBMag.com!
Webinar: Cash Flow Problems? 5 Ways to Maximize your ProfitsTue Aug 23, 2016 @ 2:00pm - 03:00pm
EFC 16th Annual Federation Cup Golf 2016Wed Aug 24, 2016
EAM Fall 2016 Golf Classic TournamentThu Aug 25, 2016 @ 8:00am - 08:00pm