April 1, 2015 - “Tough is Coming to Town” debuts the latest “Digital Factory” solutions for industrial applications from Siemens, and EBMag was there for an exclusive preview.
April 1, 2015 - Walter Surface Technologies—a provider of abrasives, power tools, cleaners, degreasers and lubricants, etc.—has appointed Michael Christodoulou as president and chief operating officer.
April 1, 2015 - ABB, Robert Bosch GmbH and Cisco Systems Inc. recently confirmed an international joint venture called Mozaiq Operations GmbH to develop and operate an open-software platform for smart homes. The companies said the platform will help to unify today’s stand-alone solutions for home automation and offer interoperability across devices.
March 31, 2015 - It’s time to update your Address Book because, as of March 30, 2015, the new address for Thomas & Betts’ Central Region sales office is:
March 31, 2015 - Ontario’s energy minister Bob Chiarelli was recently in Vaughan, Ont. to commend PowerStream and PowerStream customer, Vision Extrusions, for their work towards greater energy conservation.
March 31, 2015 - Royal Philips says a consortium led by GO Scale Capital will acquire an 80.1% interest in Philips’ $3.3-billion US combined LED components and Automotive Lighting business, with Philips retaining the remaining 19.9% interest (including a 34% interest in the Lumileds US operations).
March 30, 2015 - CSA Group president and CEO, Ash Sahi, recently announced that his previously acknowledged retirement will become effective on March 31, 2015 and an Office of the Chief Executive (OCE) will be created to provide interim leadership, as the global search for a successor continues.
March 28, 2015 - Citing the success of its 2014 Marketing Awards Program, Electro-Federation Canada has officially launched its 2015 program, and Electrical Business Magazine is pleased to once again sponsor the “Customer Event/Tradeshow Award”.
March 27, 2015 - Alberta Electrical League (AEL) recently concluded its annual one-day Electrical Learning Expo in Calgary, Alta., and EBMag was there to take in some of the sessions, and bring you photos from the show floor. (Photos A. Capkun)
March 26, 2015 - Hammond Power Solutions Inc. a manufacturer of dry-type and cast resin transformers and related magnetics, has announced a new company: Corefficient S. de R.L. de C.V.
March 25, 2015 –Ontario scored strong energy conservation results in 2014 according to preliminary results for the conservation report, said the non-profit Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO).
March 24, 2015 - If it’s time for a new car and you live in British Columbia, you might want to consider a clean energy vehicle.
March 24, 2015 – Hilti has released the new cordless drill driver SF 10W-A18 for high torque and high-speed applications.
March 30, 2015 - Just 72 hours after a worker was fatally electrocuted on a roofing job at a Pennsylvanian home, the employer put a second worker in the same jeopardy, says the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
March 30, 2015 - Daniels Electric Corp., an electrical contractor based in Gilford, N.H., faces $40,000 in fines after an employee was exposed to a 12-ft fall due to the lack of fall protection.
March 14, 2015 - Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is calling all young electrotechnology professionals for a chance to win a trip to the 6th Annual International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Young Professionals workshop in Minsk, Belarus.
March 6, 2015 - The regulations that clear the way for implementing the Alberta Building Code 2014, National Energy Code for Buildings 2011, Part 9 changes for energy efficiency and Fire Code 2014 were passed by the Alberta Provincial Cabinet. (Thanks to ECAA [Electrical Contractors Association of Alberta] for the heads up!)
April 1, 2015 - Landfills can make a profit from all their rotting waste, says University of Texas at El Paso chemistry professor Russell Chianelli, Ph.D., who claims his new patent explains exactly how to make the most out of stinky garbage sites.
March 18, 2015 – A two-year pilot program has been launched in Alberta to help more than 600 Aboriginal people train for careers in the construction industry.
February 11, 2015 - I came home from today’s Ontario Energy Network luncheon feeling pumped about Canada’s nuclear power legacy.
Subscription CentreNew Subscription Already a Subscriber Customer Service View Digital Magazine Renew
AD Affiliated Distributors Spring Network Meeting 2015March 30, 2015Read more
Electro-Federation Canada 2015 Annual General MeetingApril 15, 2015Read more
MCEE 2015 (Mécanex/Climatex/Expolectriq/Éclairage)April 22, 2015Read more