To identify and assess major risks for Sonepar Canada operations; to recommend solutions to prevent and reduce those risks as well as to improve reliability of financial and management reporting.
• Applies an advanced and in depth knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques and test and sampling methods.
• Conducts a risk assessment and prepares the annual internal audit plan.
• Communicates the audit results to the appropriate levels of management, both orally and in written reports.
• Assures the follow-up of agreed-upon improvement actions to be implemented by the management of the audited entities.
• Participates actively in the sharing and designing of work programs, tools and methods at Region and Group Internal Audit level.
• Reports to the Director of Internal Audit, North America and liaisons with Sonepar Canada Senior Management.
• 7+ years experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA licence or other certification is preferred.
• Internal audit experience in a private or public company.
• Demonstrated experience applying advanced and in depth knowledge of audit procedures.
• Experience with computer assisted audit techniques and data analysis software such as ACCESS, ACL or IDEA.
• Demonstrates superior analytical ability and strong customer-service orientation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Bilingual (English and French).
• Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
• Position is based in Montreal, Que. Relocation not offered.
Total compensation will be competitive, base salary plus a yearly bonus tied to project completions and overall organizational results. Complete Group Benefits, pension with contribution of the employer, and education support.
Sonepar Canada is a member of the Sonepar Group, the world’s largest privately held electrical distributor. The Sonepar Canada family has grown over the years thanks to organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Today, we have over 1700 employees working out of 100 offices throughout six provinces.
Interested? Candidates interested in this opportunity should visit www.lumen.ca - Click Careers, then Available Positions.
Please mention you saw this posting at EBMag.com!
EB CAREERS - Sonepar Canada seeks Manager, Internal Audit (Montreal)Date Posted: May 10, 2012 - Date Ends: November 29, 1999
May 10, 2012 - Sonepar Canada—a national family of locally managed electrical and safety wholesalers—seeks a:Manager of Internal Auditto build and lead the Canadian function based on our common Group Audit framework. The goal of Internal Audit and the Manager is to meet the needs of Sonepar Group, Sonepar North America, Sonepar Canada and the operating companies by focusing on process improvement, protection of assets and advancing best practices across the companies.
EPEC 2017: IEEE Canada Electrical Power & Energy Conference
October 22-25, 2017
Electrical Safety in Construction Workshop
October 25-26, 2017