Salary hourly rate: $30.41
The individual will report directly to the Manager, Facilities Operations, under the direction of the leadhand, the incumbent performs a wide variety of tasks related to the operation and maintenance of the University’s electrical/electronic systems. This position is available to internal and external candidates and is represented by CUPE Local 926.
• Physical effort: Carrying supplies, reaching, bending, stretching, heavy lifting, climbing.
• Physical environment: Varying temperatures, exposure to high voltage, fumes, chemicals and solvents, noise, dirt including sewage waste products and possibly infectious or toxic environment. Working in cramped quarters.
• Sensory attention: Following required codes. Attention to detail when working with electricity. Operating specialized equipment. Reading code books and blueprints.
• Mental stress: Moderate. On call.
• Respects and responds to direction given by leadhand(s);
• Contributes and participates in the effective use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (TMA) in completing work orders;
• Performs all duties of an Electrician Journey Person;
• Accesses, monitors and controls the Building Automation System & Utility Monitoring System when required;
• Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as per schedule;
• Repairs and maintains all electrical distribution systems, emergency backup systems, electrical/electronic equipment, up to 600 Volts
• Recognizes electrical/electronic problems and/or hazards and makes repairs when necessary;
• Performs electrical repairs to appliances and equipment in kitchens, residences, offices and classrooms;
• Prepares estimates for work orders;
• Requests, orders or picks up required material from suppliers in order to complete the job as directed by the Leadhand;
• Keeps necessary records for electrical inspection and documentation for Electrical Safety Authority’s CSS Program;
• Maintains records to comply with internal and external requirements;
• Complies with all University & Departmental Policies and Procedures;
• Prepares any reports required for control, audit, inventory or reporting purposes;
• Performs other related duties;
• In emergencies, performs minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and the work does not exceed own limitations.
• Will be required to be on call as necessary.
• Must possess a valid Department of Labour Certificate of Qualification (309A) -Electrician, Construction and Maintenance and must possess a Department of Labour Certificate of Apprenticeship, Electrician, Construction and Maintenance;
• Must possess a valid Fire Alarm Technician Certificate;
• Must possess a valid Class - G Ontario Driver’s licence;
• Currently working in the trade and demonstrated experience as an electrician
• Demonstrated experience installing electrical distribution systems for construction projects;
• Demonstrated experience working in a building maintenance capacity;
• Demonstrated experience working with complex electronic and controls equipment;
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex machines/equipment;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code and electrical safe work practices, i.e. CSA Z462, NFPA – 70E, Lockout/Tagout, Permit processes, etc.;
• Training in fall arrest and elevating platforms required;
• Ability to layout and install unique electrical systems for special projects. This will require the ability to read and work from blueprints and electrical schematics;
• Strong Computer literacy, e.g. use of software control systems, utility monitoring software, e-mail, Microsoft Office, developing reports, Maintenance Software systems, etc;
• Teamwork - ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision. Shares information with team members and is collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees;
• Customer focused - responds promptly to customer needs. Uses customer information to improve service. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers;
• Receptive to change - can adapt to changing circumstances. Makes suggestions for improvement. Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current;
• Respects diversity - treats others with respect and is understanding of others. Avoids unnecessary conflict;
• Managing self - exhibits a strong sense of own capabilities. Demonstrates honesty, integrity and ethical conduct. Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions;
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, leadhand and customers.
INTERESTED? CLICK HERE to submit your resume and cover letter by May 11, 2012.
Please mention you saw this posting at EBMag.com!
Green Energy Doors Open 2016Fri Sep 09, 2016
BICSI 2016 Fall Conference & ExhibitionSun Sep 11, 2016
IEEE PES 13th International Conference (ESMO 2016)Mon Sep 12, 2016