By Alyssa Dalton
February 13, 2014 – During the annual awards banquet at its 2014 Winter Conference & Exhibition, BICSI recognized several individuals for their accomplishments and their “great dedication to BICSI and the information and communications technology (ICT) industry”.
The awards include:
• The Harry J. Pfister Award for Excellence in the Telecommunications Industry – Jerry Allen
• The Presidential Eagle Award – Frank M. Drendel, CommScope founder and chair
• The David K. Blythe/University of Kentucky Award for Outstanding Member of the Year – Todd Taylor, BICSI Standards Committee chair
• The Larry G. Romig Committee Member of the Year award – Robert Hertling
• The Ray Gendron/BICSI Cares Scholarship – Jim Rohler
• Annual BICSI Cabling Skills Challenge – Jeremy Vittitow, Vision Technologies
“Our award winners have shown a deep dedication to the ICT community that embodies the true spirit of our great organization,” said Michael Collins, BICSI president. “They have worked hard to achieve the success they enjoy, and I want to congratulate and thank them on behalf of BICSI and the industry as a whole.”
The next morning following the awards night, BICSI Cares—BICSI’s charitable arm that supports children’s charities—made a donation to the Palm Bay, Fla.-based Queen of Hearts Foundation for Disabled Children, which was collected from attendees throughout the conference. The foundation provides disabled children with therapy, medical treatment and equipment they are not able to afford.