Training & Education
Call for Nominations for inaugural Award for Excellence in Apprenticeship Education
By Anthony Capkun
September 16, 2021 – The Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA) has launched a Call for Nominations for the inaugural “CCDA Award for Excellence in Apprenticeship Education” award.
This biennial award will recognize apprenticeship educators and training instructors who deliver “innovative and top-quality instructional programming” to apprentices in Red Seal Trades.
The Nominee must be a current or recent staff member of an approved technical training provider in provincial or territorial jurisdictions.
The nominee has made an outstanding contribution to the promotion, development and/or delivery of apprenticeship technical training in Canada in the following aspects:
• Promotes apprenticeship and trade certification as a means to a successful and productive career.
• Promotes equity, diversity and inclusion in the skilled trades, and works to support and include apprentices from under-represented groups.
• Demonstrates innovation in the development or delivery of apprenticeship technical training programs.
• Supports apprentices in their training as they strive for success.
• Supports students’ achievement towards certification and the Red Seal Endorsement
• Participates in activities that encourage, motivate and promote dedication and passion in a skilled trade.
• Serves as a role model for success for aspiring skilled tradespersons.
• Demonstrates qualities of outstanding leadership in apprenticeship.
Special consideration is given to those with a Red Seal endorsement, but this is not a prerequisite for the award.
Nominations are being accepted right now until October 15, 2021.
To request a Nomination form, contact the CCDA Secretariat at email@example.com.