Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship launches Red Seal Award of Excellence
June 23, 2011 – We’ve just learned the Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA) is launching the Red Seal Award of Excellence: a biennial award to honour the contributions of provincial/territorial/federal apprenticeship and trade certification staff to the Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program. The first recipient will be honoured in Ottawa at the CCDA Fall Meeting to be held in October 2011.
The period for nominations is: May 2 to June 30. HURRY!
Download the Nomination Form (PDF)
The award will be presented every second year to a staff member who has demonstrated inspirational leadership in the promotion and development of standards for apprenticeship training and trade certification.
Award recipients will have made an outstanding contribution to the promotion and development of apprenticeship and trade certification for Red Seal trades on the pan-Canadian or provincial/territorial level. The recipient will have distinguished himself or herself during their career through one or more of the following:
• Ongoing promotion of apprenticeship and trade certification as a means to a successful and productive career
• Supporting apprentices as they strive for success
• Leading and/or supporting the growth and development of the Red Seal Program
Specifically, an individual has:
• Participated in activities that encourage, motivate and promote dedication and passion in a skilled trade
• Served as a role model for success
• Demonstrated qualities of outstanding leadership
Possession of an Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement is an asset.