By Renée Francoeur
March 29, 2017 – Carhartt is adding eight new women’s styles to its flame-resistant (FR) line. The new assortment includes a jacket, a denim pant and canvas pant, a coverall, a woven shirt, and three knit shirts and is “purpose-built for women working in the electric utilities and oil and gas industries”.
“During the process of creating this new line, we took into account the severe lack of variety in the women’s FR space,” said Melinda Fabry, merchandiser at Carhartt, overseeing the women’s FR line. “Many current women’s FR product offerings are simply loose adaptations of the men’s versions, but these styles were created specifically with hardworking women in mind.”
Below is a full list of the new products:
• Rugged Flex coverall (dark navy)
• Rugged Flex Twill shirt (khaki and dark navy)
• Force cotton LS crewneck T-shirt (khaki and dark navy)
• Force cotton LS henley (dark navy)
• Force cotton hybrid shirt (khaki, dark navy, and medium blue)
• Rugged Flex jean – original fit (premium dark)
• Rugged Flex canvas pant – original fit (dark navy and golden khaki)
• Full swing Quick Duck jacket (dark navy and Carhartt brown)
These products will be available July 1, 2017 at Carhartt’s industrial distributors and available online at Carhartt.com on August 1.