CCDA acknowledges new and departing 2013 members
By Alyssa Dalton
December 19, 2013 – Throughout the year, the CCDA (Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship, which administers Canada’s Red Seal program) has witnessed several arrivals and departures among its membership. CCDA took the opportunity in a recent newsletter to recognize departing CCDA members and welcome new members who have joined within the past year.
• British Columbia – Kevin Evans, former CEO from Industry Training Authority (ITA) was replaced by Gary Herman, acting CEO.
• Manitoba – Jacqueline Ratté Kohut, a/executive director for Manitoba Entrepreneurship, Training & Trade, left the Council and was temporarily replaced by Paul Holden. Alisa Ramrattan was selected as the new executive director from Manitoba Entrepreneurship, Training & Trade and is now the new Manitoba CCDA member.
• Ontario – Bob Guthrie, former Registrar and CEO of the Ontario College of Trades (OCOT) retired; David Tsubouchi replaced him in the CEO position. Royden Trainor will be taking on the role as the new CCDA member for OCOT.
• Quebec – Gilles Dubé, director of the Direction de la qualification réglementée was temporarily replaced by Jean-Pierre Tremblay. The new director and Quebec CCDA member is Élise Martel.
• Prince Edward Island – Susan LeFort announced that she will be leaving the Council to take on new challenges. A new member from P.E.I. is pending.
• New Brunswick – former chair, Daniel Mills from the Apprenticeship & Certification Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour is leaving to tackle new career challenges after having spent more than four years with the council. The acting CCDA member from New Brunswick is Wendy Maher.
“The CCDA would like to thank all departing members for their significant work and contribution to the Red Seal Program. The CCDA is happy to welcome all its new members,” said the Council.