Convergint seeks Security Technicians for Alberta
By Anthony Capkun
November 5, 2009
Convergint Technologies Ltd. is one of North America’s fastest-growing systems integrator companies. With a dedicated focus in Electronic Security, Fire Alarm & Life Safety, and Building Automation Systems, we provide a wide range of product solutions in each business area, and are committed to being the industry’s best service provider.
As a growing company, Convergint is currently looking to recruit:
Security Technicians in our Alberta locations
(Fort McMurray, Edmonton, Lloydminster and Calgary)
• Install, program, test, repair and service a variety of technical security systems including complex integrated systems.
• Act as key interface for the provision of technical support and
training for the customer and as such be accountable for maximizing
• Interpret manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repair
equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using standard test
instruments and hand tools.
• Execute most of the technical aspects of multiple projects with
varying timelines and budgets including programming, graphics
development, start-up, certification testing, customer training,
close-out documentation, and on-going technical support, etc.
• Verify security system is functioning properly by testing equipment,
connections, and signals and identifying and correcting problems.
Knowledge, Skills, Requirements:
• Demonstrated skills and training in basic electronic system design and repair.
• Certification or training in any of the following systems is
preferred: access controls; CCTV systems; perimeter and interior
surveillance; alarm annunciation; low-voltage power supply and
distribution; structured cabling; protected distribution systems.
• Network, programming and SQL database knowledge desirable.
• Minimum two years experience as a security technician.
• Excellent customer service skills a must, including strong verbal and written skills.
• Ability to work as a member of team of technicians in the installation of technical security systems.
• Immediate comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
• Training and ongoing support, opportunities for advancement.
• Fun and laughter in the workplace.
If you would like to apply, and would be interested in an exciting
career with Convergint Technologies, please submit your resume and
cover letter detailing why you are a fit for this position.
TO APPLY, email or fax your resume to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org or to (403) 291-2577.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please mention you saw this posting at NETcommOnline.ca!