By Anthony Capkun
May 27, 2016 – “It takes commitment from all members of our team to accomplish this level of success,” said Deca Cables’ GM Darrell Edgett of last year’s recognition. “It is extremely gratifying to have our hard work validated by Platinum Club membership, and I would like to extend our sincere thanks to our customers, vendors and all of our staff for their continued support and effort.”
Best Managed companies embrace innovation, seize opportunities and inspire talent. EBMag reached out to all of the electrical industry players* who made the grade, hoping to learn a little more about what it is they are doing right, and why the distinction of being a Best Managed company matters to them and, truly, should matter to us all.
To read the full article with all the Best Managed electrical companies, check out the Spring 2016 edition of Distribution & Supply. Meantime, back to Deca Cables, a member of the Best Managed Platinum Club.
Established in 1986, Deca Cables is a manufacturer of wire and cable products for a variety of industries, including oil & gas, transit, utility, renewable energy, security and OEM. It manufacturers its products in Trenton, Ont., and has sales representation and support in Edmonton, Toronto and Montreal.
“We are extremely honoured by this recognition, and will remain committed to manufacturing the highest-quality wire and cable solutions,” added Edgett.
FYI… Best Managed awards are granted on five levels
1. Best Managed: One of the new winners selected each year.
2. Requalified member. Repeat winners retain the Best Managed designation for two additional years, subject to annual operational and financial review.
3. Gold Standard winner. After three consecutive years of maintaining their Best Managed status, these winners have demonstrated their commitment to the program and successfully reapplied for the designation.
4. Gold Requalified member. Gold Standard winners may requalify for two additional years, subject to annual operational and financial review.
5. Platinum Club member. Winners that maintain Best Managed status for a minimum of six consecutive years.
* For the purposes of D&S specifically, we only highlighted electrical manufacturers and distributors operating in Canada.