Wiring - Cabling - Devices
Eaton launches new contactor-based automatic transfer switch for 2016
By Renée Francoeur
• Short-time (85kA), short-circuit (100kA) and fuse (200kA) withstand close-on ratings meet a wide variety of requirements,
• Isolated control compartment enhances physical safety for operators and service personnel,
• Maintenance isolation switch (MIS) allows operators to electrically isolate the control compartment to facilitate maintenance and maximize uptime,
• Standard 40-in. enclosure depth (NEMA1), which can be extended to 48 in., 54 in. or 66 in.
• Dual-operator, stored energy switching mechanism that allows for manual operation under load providing redundancy
• Tethered control that allows the operator to remotely initiate a transfer between sources, and
• Kirk-key interlock allows for lock-out/tag-out.