Wiring - Cabling - Devices
Eaton strengthens surge protective device line with SPC series
February 14, 2017 By Renée Francoeur
February 14, 2017 – Eaton has launched its new SPC series surge protective device, which provides “flexible, configurable surge protection for commercial and light industrial applications”.
The SPC series feature a compact design that can be configured to protect most electrical applications, including service entrances, distribution panelboards and point-of-use applications, as well as other critical use cases, according to Eaton.
Key features include:
• Thermally protected metal oxide varistor (MOV) technology
• 20 kA nominal discharge current (ln) rating
• 50-200 kA per phase peak surge current capacity ratings
• Configure-to-order with eight custom feature combinations
• Corrosion-resistant NEMA 4X enclosure with mounting feet
• 200 kA short-circuit current rating (SCCR)
• Factory prewired with 36 inches of 10 AWG wire
• No user-serviceable parts or items requiring periodic maintenance
• Five-year warranty that can be extended to 10 years with product registration
Additionally, SPC series devices can be configured with available options that include EMI/RFI filtering, an audible alarm and Form C relay contact.
Print this page