By Alyssa Dalton
March 11, 2013 – Last week, EBMag associate editor Alyssa Dalton stopped by the Venture Lighting Institute’s (VLI) training event in Mississauga, Ont. The one-day workshop (led by Mark Duda, in photo) was held on both March 5 and 6, and offered an introduction to metal halide lamp and ballast fundamentals. Venture Lighting reps were also on hand to speak about new products and technologies available.
Topics highlighted in the workshop included:
• Super Pulse Start Long Life (SPL) Extended Life Lamp series
• Super Pulse Start Ceramic (SPC) ceramic metal halide
• Natural White, Energy Master line & Horizontal Pulse Start
• Lighting retrofits and replacement systems featuring Rio & Jewel
• LeafNut wireless lighting control system & contractor education series
“The Venture Lighting Institute is committed to being the premier educator of pulse start metal halide technology. We utilize our industry leading experience, metal halide systems approach and highly committed staff to educate the lighting community,” said the company.