EFC announces the members of its newly-formed Communications Committee
By Alyssa Dalton
February 28, 2011
EFC has created a new Communications Committee that includes marketing and communications professionals from within the industry, which met for the first time earlier this month to discuss objectives and to review the communications plan moving forward.
Committee members include:
• Kevin Mallory (Chair), Hubbell Canada LP
• Tom Macerollo, Legrand Canada
• Andrew Murphy, Pioneer Electronics of Canada
• Cara Backman, Franklin Empire
• Janet Small,The Communications Bridge
• Laura Fuller, Osram Sylvania
• Tom Mason, Sonepar Canada
• Norm MacNeil, Electrolux Home Products
• Vrej Sarkhanian, Schneider Electric
• Jim Taggart, EFC
• Swati Patel, EFC
• Hugh Vagt – Strategic Consultant, Starshot
• Kevin Ellis, Vice President, Americas, Starshot
According to the EFC, the committee will serve as a forum for electrical and electronics marketing/communications representatives to work collaboratively towards raising EFC’s profile within, across and beyond the EFC channel. Its philosophy is four-fold:
• is a Working Group;
• has special skill sets;
• is EFC-sponsored;
• delivers value.
• Build the Electro-Federation Canada brand;
• Address each Councils’ communications needs;
• Develop and execute the messaging & media strategy;
• Establish performance metrics;
• Engage target audience and stakeholders.
Some of the key projects this committee intends to assist with include:
• A Web portal with information on EFC and the industry’s positioning on Energy Efficiency and Recycling as they relate to the phasing out of incandescents and the move towards CFLs;
• Creation of a new EFC website, including a newsroom aspect;
• Development of a social media strategy for EFC and councils;
• Launching the new Electrical Council.