EFC names 2010 Industry Recognition Award recipients
By Anthony Capkun
Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) recently announced the recipients of this year’s Industry Recognition Award (IRA). On the electrical side, the recipient is Richard (Dick) Waterman.
The IRA is presented annually to an individual (or, in this year’s case,
individuals) who has influenced the Canadian electrical, electronics,
appliances or telecom industry—either as a current or retired industry
delegate, or as an industry supporter.
“From his beginnings with Nedco in 1968 to his final position before
retiring as CEO of International Electrical Supply Corp., Richard has
been an active force and leader in the industry,” reads the press
release. “His accomplishments include the spearheading of one of the
largest acquisitions in the industry (acquiring GESCO from General
Electric).” The release goes on to say Waterman served as both chair of
Electro-Federation Canada (which he helped establish) and the National
Electrical Distributors Association.
Past Industry Recognition Award recipients include:
• Bill Buckley, ShawCor Ltd.
• Ken Gerrie, Gerrie Electric Wholesale Ltd.
• William E. Saylor, Rexel Canada
• John H. MacDonald, Ideal Supply Co. Ltd.
• Gerald G. Dunnigan, Techspan Industries Inc.
• Robert T.E. Gillespie, General Electric Canada Inc.
• Jeannine Guillevin Wood, Guillevin International Inc.
• William Torrance, Rockwell Automation Canada Inc.
• George Horsman, E.B. Horsman & Son
• James G. Sinneave, EECOL Electric Ltd.
Together with its various councils, EFC represents over 300 member
companies that manufacture, distribute and service electrical,
electronics and telecom products.
CLICK HERE for Electro-Federation Canada.