EMerge Alliance introduces new registered products and members at Lightfair 2011
By Alyssa Dalton
May 20, 2011
The EMerge Alliance‚ an industry association helping to adopt safe direct-current (DC) power distribution standards for commercial buildings‚ has announced that 22 additional products are now compliant with the EMerge Alliance initial standard covering the Occupied Space in commercial buildings. In addition, 16 new members have joined the organization.
A system demo and an information session were also presented at the Osram Sylvania booth at Lightfair International, which ran from May 15-19 in Philadelphia, Pa. (EBMag was there at the show! Continue to check our website for videos and more news articles from this year’s show.)
According to EMerge Alliance chairman Brian Patterson, more and more companies are realizing the benefits of efficient DC power distribution throughout commercial buildings, and are signing up to help bring solutions to the market today. This includes applications related to 24VDC in room-level power distribution, as well as new standards and products for higher voltage applications, including 380VDC distribution throughout the building for data centers, building services and outdoor uses, such as electric vehicle charging stations, he said.
“We’re aggressively working with our members to advance DC power standards and release compatible building products,” said Patterson. “By contributing to EMerge Alliance standards and building Registered products, our members are making net-zero energy buildings a reality.”
Since the alliance announced its first registered products last November at Greenbuild, the following additional products have achieved EMerge Alliance Registered product status. They have been independently evaluated and determined to be compliant with the EMerge Alliance Occupied Space Standard, which integrates interior power, infrastructures, controls and peripherals into a microgrid platform to facilitate the hybrid use of AC and DC power in commercial interiors:
– Crestron‚ C2N-CBD-P, C2N-CBD-E Cameo mounted keypads
– Crestron‚ CEN-RFGW-EX infiNET EX wireless gateway
– Crestron‚ CLC-1DIMFLV2EX24-W wireless dual-channel 0-10V dimmer
– Crestron‚ DIN-AP2 control processor
– Crestron‚ GLS-LOL, GLS-LCL 24VDC photocells
– Crestron‚ GLS-ODT, GLS-OIR ceiling mount occupancy sensors
– Crestron‚ INET-CBDEX – Cameo wireless keypads
– Crestron‚ MC3 control processor
– Focal Point‚ Aerion 2×2 and 2×4 fluorescent luminaires
– Focal Point‚ Equation 2×2 and 2×4 fluorescent luminaires
– Focal Point‚ Luna Narrow Basket 2×2 and 2×4 fluorescent luminaires
– Focal Point‚ Verve IV suspended direct/indirect fluorescents
– Nextek Power Systems‚ 12/24V DC Speed Control for fans
– Nextek Power Systems‚ 24VDC T5T8 Emergency 1-Lamp ballast
– Nextek Power Systems‚ Vari-Cyclone 3-Blade variable speed fan
– Nextek Power Systems‚ Vari-Fan 5-Blade variable speed fan
– Northwire‚ Net Zero Cable 12/2 CL2P plenum rated cable
– Northwire‚ Net Zero Cable 18/2 CL2P plenum rated cable
– Osram Sylvania‚ Exterior Light Engine modular LED light engine
– Osram Sylvania‚ HF2 Chain LED (white) high brightness LED module
– Osram Sylvania‚ HF2 Narrow Stick compact high intensity LED module
– Osram Sylvania‚ Optronic OT Dim electronic LED control interfaces
Each of these products now wears the EMerge Alliance registered logo to indicate interoperability in this room-level power distribution system.
CLICK HERE for a full list of registered products.