IEEE Electrical Safety Workshop (ESW) 2018
From Tuesday 20 March 2018
To Friday 23 March 2018
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
The “most-efficient electrical safety education anywhere”—the IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop (ESW)—just wrapped up its 2017 edition, and the ESW 2018 is scheduled for March 20-23, 2018 (several weeks later than usual), in Ft. Worth, Texas.
CHECK OUT our VIDEO The Most-Efficient Electrical Safety Education... Anywhere.
ESW 2018 chair, Ken White, describes what awaits you and roughly 600 of your peers:
Participate in standards development, or just sit in for the education and listen to the debates that shape the standards (March 19):
• Guide for performing arc flash hazard calculations (IEEE P1584).
• Electrical system design techniques to improve electrical safety (IEEE P1814).
• Standard for electrical safety practices in electrolytic cell line working zones (IEEE P463).
Participate in the IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Committee (or Subcommittees) that sponsor and run the Electrical Safety Workshop. Many hands make light work, and it’s a great way to network (March 19):
• IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Committee
• 16 Subcommittee meetings
Turbocharge your learning with in-depth Tutorials delivered by industry experts. They’re a great way to earn CEU credits. Topics include:
• Electrical safety basics
• Incident energy mitigation
• Testing of qualified electrical workers
• Evaluating your electrical safety program
• Arc flash testing and related standards
See the future. The ESW technical presentations are unmatched. The people who are shaping safe electrical work practices and shaping the standards will be presenting the latest research, best practices and case studies. Open your mind and get ready to learn:
• More than 30 live technical presentations and case studies
• 14 interactive, concurrent (poster-style) presentations
Network and make friends and business contacts that you will value for a lifetime:
• 3 receptions
• Multiple hospitality suites
• Unique 4-hour Expo event where you will meet the industry’s leading solution providers and see the latest advancements in electrical safety products and services.
“This is shaping up to be one of the best workshops ever. We hope to see you there!” says Ken.
AEA Learning Expo
March 26, 2019
DesignLights Consortium Annual Stakeholder Meeting
April 1-3, 2019
ICT Canada - Presented by BICSI
April 8-10, 2019