Fiber Optic Center introduces Splicer V-groove cleaning kit (S014397)
February 2, 2016 | By Renée Francoeur
February 2, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center (FOC) has added the Splicer V-groove cleaning kit—which integrates eight components—to their website offerings.
Contamination in the v-groove of the splicer is still a primary source of trouble for the splicing technician, FOC says, and this is especially problematic when splicing with a fixed v-groove fusion splicer.
The kit (part number S014397) includes:
• Scrubber brush with stiff tapered nylon bristles and sweeper brush with soft nylon bristles,
• Eye loupe with 3X to 12X magnification,
• LED pen light with momentary or constant on switching,
• Cleaning fluid that is non-flammable as well as environmentally safe and lint-free cotton swabs,
• Instruction sheet with illustrations and canvas carrying case.
Print this page