HOT JOB… Rouge Valley Health System seeks Journeyman Electrician
By Anthony Capkun
February 6, 2016 – Serving the communities of Scarborough, Pickering, Seaton, Ajax and Whitby, Rouge Valley Health System comprises several healthcare sites, and a great opportunity exists for Journeyman Electrician (A15-CUPE-1002) at the Ajax/Pickering campus.
Rouge Valley’s Lean approach to continuous improvement puts our patients first in everything we do. Through our Lean philosophy, Rouge Valley respects our staff’s talents, skills and diversity, and seeks to optimize value for patients. Help us lead transformation in healthcare.
Our commitment to providing the best patient care and an effective workplace has resulted in many well-earned awards by our team of staff, physicians and volunteers:
• CBC’s The Fifth Estate “A” rating, based on research by the Canadian Institute for Health Information, in 2013
• Exemplary standing, the top rating from national hospital surveyors by Accreditation Canada, in 2012
• Gold Quality Healthcare Workplace Award, from the Ontario Hospital Association for our efforts in creating a healthy workplace, in 2012.
About the Journeyman Electrician position
This is a FT position.
Hours: Days, Afternoons, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, On Call
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Electrician is responsible for the maintenance, repairs, tests, planning and installation of electrical and mechanical equipment, wiring systems, appliances and other equipment within and outside of the hospital, including the fire alarm. The Electrician will also be responsible for the operation of the back-up emergency generator, and proficient in working on electro-mechanical building services equipment.
• Minimum Grade 12 education.
• Current and valid Journeyman Electrician License.
• 5 years of electrical apprenticeship in commercial and industrial installation.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years previous related experience as an Electrician.
• Must be able to work independently and be self-directed in a demanding, fast-paced environment, adjusting to changing priorities.
• Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills promoting good customer service.
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance.
• Demonstrates an understanding of, and commitment to, Rouge Valley’s comprehensive safety programs and practices, including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
Standing, walking, bending, reaching, lifting (20 to 30 kg).
Rouge Valley Health System (RVHS) is an equal-opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or contact the Human Resources department at 416-284-8131 ext. 4744.
PLEASE mention you saw this post at EBMag.com!