IDEA announces Platinum Band of Excellence manufacturers – July 2012
July 19, 2012 | By Anthony Capkun
July 19, 2012 – IDEA—a technology service provider of the electrical industry—today announced the manufacturers that have achieved the Platinum level status for the Industry Data Warehouse (IDW) Bands of Excellence. The manufacturers recognized have provided “the robust product marketing content that distributors have requested to market products in the most efficient way possible”.
“We introduced the IDW Bands of Excellence program to honour the manufacturers that are providing exceptional value and marketing support to their trading partners. Since the program began in April, the marketing content in the IDW has more than tripled. We are excited for the new opportunities that will open for all companies involved in this effort,” said Steve Sokolow, IDEA chair, and chair of Leviton.
The Bands of Excellence rating system measures each manufacturer’s completion percentage for providing marketing content to their trading partners through IDW. The product marketing content for specification documents, attributes, images and descriptions all had to be populated with data. The banding criterion is as follows:
• Platinum band: the most elite group of manufacturer leaders that have provided the marketing content for 75-100% of their stock products.
• Gold band: manufacturers that have provided the marketing content for 50-74% of their stock products.
• Bronze band: manufacturers that have provided the marketing content for 10-49% of their stock products.
The Platinum manufacturers are:
• Allied Moulded Products Inc.
• Bridgeport Fittings Inc.
• Cablofil Inc.
• Columbia Lighting (100% of its products in IDW)
• Cooper Crouse-Hinds
• Cooper Lighting
• Cooper Lighting Canada
• EiKO Ltd.
• Electri-Flex (100% of its products in IDW)
• Hubbell Lighting (100% of its products in IDW)
• Hubbell Power Systems
• ILSCO (100% of its products in IDW)
• Leviton Manufacturing Co. Inc.
• Osram Sylvania
• Pentair Technical Products
• Progress Lighting
• RAB Lighting Inc.
• Southwire Company
• Specified Technologies Inc.
• The Wiremold Company
“These companies have taken a leadership role, and it is appropriate that they be recognized. I’ve been extremely impressed with the way most manufacturers are stepping up to the plate. These, in addition to the Gold and Bronze-banded manufacturers—and some of the un-banded group—are working exceptionally hard to accommodate their distributors. They’ve heard the message,” said Bob Gaylord, president and CEO, IDEA.
Print this page