John Bachner now leading National Lighting Bureau
By Anthony Capkun
John P. Bachner, who has served as communications director since 1976, has been appointed executive director of the National Lighting Bureau—an independent, not-for-profit lighting education organization.
“Since Day One, the executive director duties have been provided
voluntarily by two of the bureau’s founding sponsors: the National
Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and the National Electrical
Contractors Association (NECA),” explained chair Howard P. Lewis. “Now
we’re gearing up for more activity than ever before—including National
Lighting Week—and the effort required would simply be too much to ask of
NLB sponsors include:
• GE Lighting Industrial Technology Inc.
• Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES)
• interNational Association of Lighting Management Companies (NALMCO)
• Lutron Electronics Co. Inc.
• National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
• National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA)
• Osram Sylvania
• Philips Lighting Co.
• Philips Lighting Electronics
• U.S. General Services Administration
CLICK HERE for the National Lighting Bureau.