Kirby Risk Electrical Supply’s John Burke named IDEA chair
By Alyssa Dalton
May 8, 2013 – Earlier this month, the Industry Data Exchange Association (IDEA) named its officers and directors for 2013-14. Leading the board of directors is John Burke, president and COO of Kirby Risk Electrical Supply, as IDEA chair. He previously served on the IDEA board as vice chair from 2012-13 and treasurer from 2011-12.
“Much progress has been made over the past year engaging the manufacturer community in a campaign to address the accelerating demand for quality data and information,” said Burke. “Our objective over the next year will be to continue to build on these successes with particular emphasis on data quality improvements and filling significant gaps that impede manufacturers’ and distributors’ success in fulfilling end user expectations.”
Prior to joining Kirby Risk in 2001, Burke held positions with GE, Rexel and Wesco. He also serves as chair of supplyFORCE, sister company of Affiliated Distributors (A-D); NAED and NAED Education and Research Foundation board; and EDGE Electrical Global Supply board.
Outgoing IDEA chair, Steve Sokolow—chair of Leviton—will continue to serve on the IDEA board as a voting director.
“It was an exciting year to be the IDEA chair as I worked alongside some of the best minds in the industry to develop a new strategic plan for the IDEA team to execute over the next three years,” said Sokolow. “We are already well on the way to accomplish goals related to a fully-attributed IDW and smart applications that integrate solutions through to the end user.”
The 2013-2014 IDEA officers: (* denotes non-voting director)
• Chair: John Burke, president and COO, Kirby Risk Electrical Supply
• Vice chair: Vernon Nagel, chair, president & CEO, Acuity Brands
• Treasurer: Brian Herington, president, U.S. & Latin America Electrical, Thomas & Betts
• Secretary: Wes Smith, president, Mayer Electric Supply
• President: Robert Gaylord, president and CEO, IDEA*
Additional Voting Directors:
• Jack Carlson, president, Electrical Division, Southwire
• Phil Hale, chief information officer, Elliott Electric Supply
• Emmanuel Lagarrigue, senior vice president, Schneider Electric
• Jack Lawson, president & CEO, Electrical Equipment Co.
• Bob Siegel, VP of Investment and Inventory Management, Graybar
• Steve Sokolow, chair, Leviton
Additional Non-voting Directors:
• Evan Gaddis, president & CEO, NEMA
• Tom Naber, president & CEO, NAED