MCEE 2011 draws huge crowds – attendance up 18%
By Alyssa Dalton
May 5, 2011
The aisles were packed for the 2011 edition of MCEE, the self-proclaimed largest show in Eastern Canada for plumbing, HVACR, hydronics, electrical and lighting. This year’s show took place on April 20 and 21 at Place Bonaventure in Montréal.
The two-day trade show is drawing rave reviews from exhibitors and visitors, said event organizers. The sold-out exhibit hall, which was expanded twice to meet the demand from new exhibitors, featured products and exhibitors from different sectors of the industry.
Produced by the Corporation of Master Pipe Mechanics of Quebec (CMMTQ), the Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating (CIPH), Corporation of Master Electricians of Quebec (CMEQ), and the Corporation des entreprises en traitement de l’air et du froid (CETAF), MCEE combines four previous shows and claims to be Canada’s only major industry event in Eastern Canada in 2011.
According to MCEE, 6483 industry members attended the event this year–up 18% from 2009:
• Contractor attendance increased 18% to 1958.
• Wholesaler attendance increased 56% to 837.
• Engineer attendance increased 8% to 532.
• 398 manufacturers, agents and associations exhibited.
• 114 new products were featured in the New Product Showcase.
• The 18 seminars drew record attendance, with “standing room only” at many of the sessions.
EBMag was there as an exhibitor, too (Booth 984). With camera in hand, we caught with friends in Quebec and met some new ones. CLICK HERE to see our photos from the show.
The dates for the next edition are set for:
April 17 & 18, 2013
Place Bonaventure, Montreal
Mark your calendars!