NAED upgrades EPEC Program
By Anthony Capkun
The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) announced a series of upgrades to its Electrical Products Education Course. EPEC integrates the full range of products a distributor sells with a unique systems approach. It not only provides information about individual products and their applications, but shows how each is interrelated with other products in electrical systems. Although EPEC is a self-study course, it provides the added benefit of ongoing personal feedback from industry experts as students proceed through the modules.
Upgrades to the Bronze level are complete, and Silver and Gold updates will follow in Spring and Summer. Improvements include:
• New products and technologies, such as LEDs, CFLs and personal protective equipment.
• Content updated to NEC 2008 and the addition of CE Code references.
• Increased emphasis on add-on sales in each chapter.
• Streamlined modules for faster completion.
• Capstone project added for each level.
resources are also available, including updated EPEC Web pages and an
online student glossary. A bridge module is available for current
students interested in transitioning to the new EPEC program. Members
with previous unused EPEC Bronze modules may trade up and save 50% on
new modules. The Bronze trade-up offer expires March 31. E-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org for full details, or CLICK HERE to visit them online.