New portal aims to help purchasers of electrical products online
By Anthony Capkun
June 16, 2021 – Electro-Federation Canada reports it has partnered with provincial regulators, certification agencies, the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) and other safety partners to develop an industry web portal to educate consumers and electrical customers on topics such as:
• What to look for when purchasing electrical products online (safety checklist).
• Which electrical products require certification?
• What certification marks are used for electrical products in Canada, and what do they look like?
• What do the certification marks look like?
• How to report unmarked, uncertified electrical products
The portal reminds buyers to be mindful when adding electrical products to their online shopping carts, and the new portal aims to help them do just that.
Electro-Federation Canada is a national, not-for-profit industry association representing over 220 member companies that manufacture, distribute, market and sell a range of electrical products.