Paul Mercier assumes presidency of IES 2014/2015
By Anthony Capkun
July 8, 2014 – Paul Mercier—design principal and founder of Lighting Design Innovations in Calgary, Alta., and Batavia, N.Y.—has assumed the office of president 2014/2015 of Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IES), succeeding Dan Salinas.
Mercier has been an IES member since 1997. He is professional member of the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) and is Lighting Certified by the National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions. He is also a sessional instructor of lighting at the University of Calgary’s Masters of Architecture program.
“I am looking to strengthen the working relationships between the IES and other organizations that cultivate a passion for the future of lighting, nurture the IES Emerging Professional network and program […] and I would like to leverage the ability of IES members to collaborate as a team to help achieve global sustainability objectives,” said Mercier.
Other IES positions and their holders include:
• President-elect, Mark Roush, Experience Light LLC
• Geoff Bryden (emerging professional, non-voting)
• Nick Bleeker (treasurer), Philips Lighting
• Carla Bukalski, Osram Sylvania
• Boyd Corbett, Maxlite
• Shirley Coyle, Cree Canada
• Cheryl English, Acuity Brands
• Jennifer Jaques, Lighting Application Sciences LLC
• Brian Liebel, The Lighting Partnership
• Francois-Xavier Morin, On Light
• James Potts, Eaton’s Cooper Lighting Business
• James Radi, Shat-R-Shield
• Dan Salinas (past-president), Nelson Electric Inc.