Philips Lighting brands restructure into single sales body
By Alyssa Dalton
January 8, 2013 – Mike Gentile, vice president and general manager of Philips Lighting Canada, announced today the formation of a single customer facing sales organization representing the entire Philips Lighting portfolio previously marketed by Canlyte, Day-Brite, Ledalite, Lumec, Philips Lamps and Ballasts, and Bodine.
According to Gentile (in photo), “this powerful Philips Lighting sales organization will provide customers with a more simplified and seamless service while offering the most extensive breadth of lighting products available from a single manufacturer”.
The new organization will be led by Pierre Legare, director of Professional Sales, Philips Lighting Canada, will head the new organization, and his regional territory management team will include: Don Gifford – British Columbia; Norm Henze – Midwest (Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan); Pierre Vincent – Ontario; and Paul Cote – Quebec and Atlantic. This management team will be responsible for all activities of direct sales forces and independent agent network.
To assist Vincent in his role as territory manager, Central, his team will include the following appointments: Steve Stanton, distributor and contractor sales manager; Angelo Miceli, specification sales manager; Rick Hill, agent sales manager; and Paul Adams, inside sales manager.
To assist Cote in his role as territory manager, East, his team will consist of: Jean-Claude Lesperance, distributor and contractor sales manager; Robert Murphy, specification sales manager; Robert Cloutier, agent sales manager; and Luis Hernandez, inside sales manager.
Furthermore, a team of category sales specialists and technical/applications support specialists under the leadership of Chad Mitchell. This team will be located in various offices across the country and will support the sales organization with more in depth technical skills when required. Members of this team are:
Category sales managers
• Gary Schaefer, Outdoor Urban, Municipal, Roadway & Landscape
• Wayne Campbell, Outdoor Commercial
• Mark Dietrich, Color Kinetics & Controls
• Mei-Ling Fong, Indoor Point Source
• Dave Courneyea, Indoor General Area
• Tim Waterfield, HID, Fluorescent & CFLi
• Malcolm Lobo, LED, Halogen & Incandescent
Lighting layout and application specialists
• Marc-Antoine Vachon
• Linda Zimbalatti
Technical support specialists
• Jamie Busch, Outdoor Commercial
• Jean-Marc Poulin, Color Kinetics & Controls
• Pascal Istasse, Indoor Point Source
• Doug Wilson, Indoor General Area
Sean Henderson will continue to lead the Canadian Customer Fulfillment and Sales Support centres. Carol McGlogan will continue to lead the Canadian marketing team and Brian Hanko will lead the Canadian Commercial Finance team.
Philips Lighting also introduced its new network of direct sales teams and independent agent network across the country:
• British Columbia: SLS Group Industries Inc. (commercial sales); Metrolume Lighting System Inc. (municipal sales); Elec-tech Sales Ltd. (industrial sales)
• Northern Alberta: LSW Lighting Ltd.
• Southern Alberta: Candela Group
• Saskatchewan: Isted Technical Sales
• Manitoba: Isted Technical Sales
• Northern Ontario: Norelec Lighting; Electrical Agency Lande Associates
• Southwestern Ontario: Lande Associates Incorporated
• Hamilton/Niagara/KW: Getty Associates
• Toronto (Greater Toronto Area): Philips Direct Sales Force
• Eastern Ontario: A.M.G. Baytech Group Inc.
• Ottawa: Aland Enterprises
• Montreal (GMA): Philips Direct Sales Force
• Quebec City: For-Trem Inc.
• Atlantic: CSA Enterprises Ltd.
“This group of professionals is well poised to provide a simplified, yet powerful, customer facing solution from Philips, the global and Canadian leader in Lighting,” said Gentile.