January 25, 2013 – Philips Lighting says it will further realign its North American business sales and operations around a solution-selling approach. The company says these efforts will give partners and customers access to the full suite of Philips’ lighting products through a centralized organization that will accelerate its own ability to service customers.
Over the last few years, the company has completed a number acquisitions that, according to Philips, have helped lay the foundation for its “holistic approach” around LED lighting. The new organizational changes include:
• A single point-of-contact with dedicated lighting expertise.
• “Fast and accurate” answers from functional subject matter experts.
• Consolidated order status visibility across all business sectors, as well as reducing duplication of paperwork (one quote and purchase order across Philips lighting products).
• Centrally led sales and customer support team providing one point of contact to the customer.
• Sales centre to streamline non-customer-facing activities.
• Customer fulfilment centre to provide continuity across back-end business processes.
• Smaller geographical zones allowing for a closer relationship with local customers.
“As a company, our goal is to not only be a leader in innovation, but to be a trusted partner, ultimately providing our customers with the best possible solution and experience,” said Bruno Biasiotta, president and CEO of Philips Lighting North America. “These new initiatives will allow us to be more responsive in supporting customers while giving them the flexibility to get best-of-breed-products or a complete lighting solution from us based our their unique needs.”
While customers’ needs are at the core of the organizational changes, “specifiers, lighting designers, agents, distributors and installers will remain essential to the Philips ecosystem”.