PowerStream’s Conservation Road Show 2012 tours retail stores
April 10, 2012 | By Alyssa Dalton
April 9, 2012 – This spring, PowerStream’s Conservation Road Show will be making a pit-stop at retail stores in Simcoe County and York Region.
This tour of retail outlets is tied into the launch of the 2012 saveONenergy Coupon Program which provides discounts on a range of energy-efficient products and aims to help customers better understand the benefits of conservation. Through the road show, PowerStream customers will be able to learn more about conserving electricity when shopping at retail locations that are scheduled to host this event.
Both the coupons and the road show promote Ontario’s ‘saveONenergy’ campaign to further encourage a culture of conservation across the province through the delivery of energy-efficiency initiatives designed to make it easier for consumers to manage their electricity use and save on energy costs, said PowerStream.
“These instant discount coupons help families save money on the purchase of a select group of energy- efficient products,” said John Sherin, PowerStream’s director, Conservation and Demand Management (CDM). “We want our customers to include energy-efficiency as a regular part of their decision-making process when purchasing a product.”
The coupons provide discounts on Energy Star qualified lighting, ceiling fans and light fixtures; lighting control products like hard-wired dimmers, timers and occupancy sensors, heavy duty plug-in timers, advanced power bars and outdoor umbrella or clothesline kits. The discount coupons are available in-store at participating retailers throughout the province and can also be downloaded from PowerStream’s website at www.powerstream.ca. The coupons are valid through to April 29, 2012.
To help customers take full advantage of the coupons as well as introduce them to other conservation initiatives, PowerStream has scheduled the Conservation Road Show to appear at various retail locations across its service area in the coming weeks. Representatives will be available to respond to questions concerning energy use and assist customers with signing up for conservation programs.
Scheduled stops include:
• April 7 – 250 Silver Linden Drive, Richmond Hill
• April 14 – 2900 Major Mackenzie Drive, Markham
• April 21 – 320 Bayfield Street, Barrie
• April 28 – 430 Holland Street West, Bradford
• April 28 – 75 Mapleview Drive, Barrie
• April 28 – 3200 Rutherford Road, Maple
• April 7 – 140 Northview Boulevard, Woodbridge
• April 7 – 50 Red Maple Road, Richmond Hill
• April 7 – 10885 Leslie Street, Richmond Hill
• April 14 – 1201 Castlemore Avenue, Markham
• April 14 – 50 Kirkham Drive, Markham
• April 14 – 3155 Highway 7, Markham
• April 15 – 470 Holland Street West, Bradford
• April 15 – 10 Barrie View Drive, Barrie
• April 15 – 15360 Bayview Avenue, Aurora
• April 21 – 200 McNaughton Road, Maple
• April 21 – 100 Edgeley Boulevard, Vaughan
• April 21 – 71 Bryne Drive, Barrie
For more information about PowerStream’s Conservation Road Show and community appearances, call saveONenergy at 1-877-963-6900, extension 25760.
CLICK HERE for details on the coupons, including a list of eligible products and participating retailers, or to learn more about the saveONenergy campaign.
Print this page