Program and speakers announced for TIA 2011: Inside the Network, registration open
March 30, 2011 By Alyssa Dalton
March 30, 2011
Attendees of the upcoming TIA 2011: Inside the Network, which runs May 17-20 at the Gaylord Texas Hotel in Dallas, Texas, can look forward to discussions and presentations on where and how Telcos and Utilities intersect on Smart Grid, said the folks behind the event. These topics include the five key technology areas recently identified by the Department of Energy to drive Smart Grid development and deployment:
• Integrated communications;
• Sensing and measurement technologies;
• Advanced components;
• Advanced control methods;
• Improved interfaces and decision support.
CLICK HERE to check out this year’s program.
"Careful preparation and understanding of the market dynamics,
technology considerations and expectations of the energy services market
– for both utilities and telecom operations – make this is an important
educational track to attend," they said.
Featured TIA 2011 Utility Education Track speakers include:
• Don Bowman, Manager of Engineering, Wake EMC
• Narasimha Chari, CTO, Tropos Networks
• Steve Collier, Vice President, Milsoft
• Ed Davalos, Director, Product Management Utility/Smart Grid, AT&T
• Brian Huey, Strategy and Business Development, M2M Smart Grid, Oil and Gas, Sprint
• Tom Hulsebosch, Energy & Utilities Practice, West Monroe Partners
• Christoph Inauen, Director of Business Development, North America, Nokia Siemens Networks
• Colman Keane, Director, Fiber Technology, EPB Electric Power
• Paul Mauldin, Editor, Smart Grid, Transmission & Distribution
• Kelly McNair, Manager of Telecom Strategy, Oncor Electric Delivery
• Jason Rodriguez, President, ZPryme Research and Consulting
Sponsors of TIA 2011 include the National Rural Electric Cooperative
Association (NRECA) and the National Rural Telecommunications
CLICK HERE to register and for more information.
Print this page