Public review period for CSA F900 for PV rooftop installation open
By Anthony Capkun
September 25, 2012 – EBMag has learned from CanSIA (Canadian Solar Industries Association) that the 14-day public review period for CSA Group guideline F900, “Photovoltaic Rooftop Installation Best Practices”, began yesterday, September 24, and runs until October 8, 2012.
The guideline is intended to outline best practices for rooftop solar photovoltaic systems by addressing the following:
• Structural analysis of the building itself resulting from the solar photovoltaic system installation
• Structural analysis of the solar photovoltaic racking
• Flammability of rooftop solar photovoltaic mounting systems
• Preventing water penetration of the roofing system due to the installation of a solar photovoltaic system
• Climbing hazards associated with solar photovoltaic system installations
• Avalanche hazards (due to snow and wind loads) associated with solar photovoltaic installation
• Safe access and maintenance related risks (as related to first responders, window cleaners, other service personnel, etc).
For more information and to add your comments, visit the F900 Draft Details page or email CSA Group’s Syed Ali, project manager, Renewable Energy at firstname.lastname@example.org .