August 17, 2016 ByRenée Francoeur
August 17, 2016 – Carhartt has issued a recall for nine flame-resistant (FR) sweatshirt styles with durable water repellent finish (DWR) manufactured in 2014 and afterwards.
“Test results indicate inconsistencies in the performance ratings of these industrial garments,” the company stated.
We asked Carhartt about sales in Canada, and they replied promptly with: “The affected product was sold in very limited quantities in Canada. It was marketed as meeting the requirements of NFPA 2112 and NFPA 70E only.”
Carhartt has not received any reports of injuries or failures of the product but is asking for all affected garments to be returned.
Customers should contact Carhartt Customer Service at 888-894-7601 to return the product and obtain a refund.
Affected products include:
• 100647: FR thermal-lined full-zip sweatshirt,
• 101203: FR heavyweight Klondike sweatshirt,
• 101247: FR Klondike sweatshirt,
• 101700: FR striped Klondike sweatshirt,
• 101702: FR thermal lined sweatshirt,
• 101951: FR Klondike hood,
• FRK006: FR heavyweight hooded sweatshirt,
• FRK007: FR heavyweight zip-front hooded sweatshirt,
• FRK127: FR crewneck pullover sweatshirt.
Print this page