Electrical Business


Redirect your United Way donations to Hungry for Change

February 8, 2010 | By Anthony Capkun

mt_ignoreDid you know you can designate part—of all—of your United Way gift to Hungry for Change? Many United Ways include a Donor Choice option on their pledge form. All you need to is:

1. On your United Way pledge form, please specify:
• Amount you wish to direct to the campaign ($ or %)
• Name: Canadian Feed The Children – Hungry for Change Campaign
• Reg. #: 118830983RR0001
• Note: Please forward all of my information to Canadian Feed The
Children (not anonymous).

2. We want to appropriately thank and recognize your gift in a timely
manner, so please alert Canadian Feed The Children about your gift
through United Way (this way we know to expect it).



Note: Depending on the local United Way office, the transfer of funds
can take a little time. Your direct communication is most appreciated!
Please contact Lisa at ldoucette@canadianfeedthechildren.ca or (800)
387-1221 ext. 227. Note also that some United Ways require a minimum
donation amount. (Most charge small processing fee for each designation,
typically about $12.)

This is great news for companies restricted to supporting only The
United Way; they can now join in the electrical industry-wide Hungry for
Change Campaign! Companies struggling to meet their fundraising
commitments can reach their United Way pledge while helping Hungry for
Change, and larger donations to Hungry for Change are made possible!

CLICK HERE for Hungry for Change.

Print this page


Stories continue below