March 6, 2012 – Registration for CanSIA’s Solar Ontario 2012 annual regional conference and tradeshow– “Ontario’s largest and most influential solar industry event”– is now open! The event will be held May 14-15 in London, Ont., and EBMag will be there reporting LIVE.
Minister of Energy Chris Bentley will be attending the opening reception and the mayor of London, Ont., Joe Fontana has also been invited to come out and meet delegates. The goal is to gather as many government officials and decision makers together for the vital assessment of the industry, said organizers.
More than 650 solar energy business representatives came to Windsor for Solar Ontario 2011 with over 55 exhibitors, and organizers expect this year to gather an even larger crowd. CLICK HERE to register, or for more information.
This year’s conference themes focus on Understanding Ontario FIT Program 2.0 and Implementation of Ontario FIT 1.0 Projects, with session topics including:
• Ontario’s Solar Industry Now and Going Forward – FIT 2.0
• MicroFIT – FIT 2.0 Changes and Implications
• Commercial Rooftop – FIT 2.0 Changes and Implications
• Large Ground Mount – FIT 2.0 Changes and Implications
• The Future of Solar Thermal – How Does ST Regain Prominence in Canada?
• Lessons Learned from Projects Implemented to Date
• Contract Management: Understanding the OPA Contract
• Working Successfully and Efficiently through the REA Process
• The Evolving Regulatory Environment and what it means for Solar
• Connecting Solar Projects
• Construction and Operation of Solar Projects
EBMag editor Anthony Capkun recently spoke with Michelle Chislett, chair of CanSIA, about the future of solar energy in Canada. CLICK HERE to watch our exclusive interview.
Print this page