“Quite simply, creating and maintaining an electrically safe environment is not just good business, it’s a moral obligation,” noted Anthony Capkun, editor of Electrical Business Magazine. “Congratulations to these inaugural winners, as their good work—along with the other amazing submissions we received—serve as an example to us all.”
A big bravo to the following champions (photos BELOW)...
• Ontario’s London Hydro is the winner in the Electric Utility category, sponsored by Energy-Manager.ca. Photo #1: London Hydro’s chief engineer and VP of operations, Ken Walsh (left), with Anthony Capkun, editor of Electrical Business Magazine.
• Calgary’s Tarpon Energy Services wins the Electrical Contractor category, sponsored by Southwire Canada. Photo #2 (left to right): Larry Warnock, director HSE; Duane Froese, quality manager E&C; Rick Wickland, president Tarpon Energy Services; Jason Nolan, director of operations. Photo courtesy Tarpon Energy Services.
• Fabrene Inc. of North Bay, Ont., are Electrical Maintenance champs, sponsored by CSA Group. Photo #3 (left to right): Tom Price, Rob Mack, Harold Brooks, Mat Scratch, Rob Valenti (senior site director), Steve Rickertsen (EHS&S), Darren Whitwell, Dillon Malcolm and Steve Bennett. Photo courtesy Fabrene.
• Kevin Holm, electrical safety specialist with Canadian Nuclear Laboratories, takes the Individual Champion prize, sponsored by L’industrie électrique magazine. Photo #4. Photo courtesy CNL.
CLICK HERE to read our Cover Feature in the February 2016 edition of Electrical Business.
The annual program recognizes Canadian companies and individuals who are passionate about promoting the health & safety of Canadian electrical workers.
Stay tuned to Electrical Business Magazine (visit www.ebmag.com) for an upcoming feature on our winners, and be on the lookout for the 2016 Call for Nominations, set to launch this February.
View the embedded image gallery online at:
* Last updated March 10, 2016, with link to Feature article. Updated January 26, 2016, with photos.