May 7, 2015 - An electric technician at the Republic Steel Corp. steel manufacturing plant in Blasdell, N.Y. was removing wiring from a fan motor in an overhead crane on October 16, 2014, when an ungrounded electrical conductor touched a grounded surface, causing an arc flash, according to the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The technician sustained third degree burns on her hand and first degree burns on her face.
May 6, 2015 - An unlicensed contractor has been convicted for the third time since January 2015 and received fines totaling $10,000 on charges relating to working without an electrical contractor's licence. Paul Mullen, who owns and operates Total Generator, pleaded guilty in a Toronto court on Apr. 13, 2015 to allowing an unlicensed individual to perform electrical work.
March 30, 2015 - Just 72 hours after a worker was fatally electrocuted on a roofing job at a Pennsylvanian home, the employer put a second worker in the same jeopardy, says the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
March 30, 2015 - Daniels Electric Corp., an electrical contractor based in Gilford, N.H., faces $40,000 in fines after an employee was exposed to a 12-ft fall due to the lack of fall protection.
March 9, 2015 – A 46 year-old maintenance worker at H.M. Richards Inc. (Guntown, Miss.) was killed after being electrocuted in October 2014 as he disconnected wiring on a saw.
(UPDATED March 2015 with video) November 28, 2013 - Yesterday, the Ontario government unanimously passed the Hawkins-Gignac Act into law, making carbon monoxide (CO) alarms mandatory in all Ontario homes with fuel-burning appliances or heating systems, fireplaces or attached garages.
February 5, 2015 - In September 2014, a 24-year-old temporary maintenance employee at International Paper Co. (Madison, Ohio) suffered a severe electrical shock, resulting in burns involving hospitalization, and leaving him unable to work for more than four months.
February 3, 2015 - Signature Events Rental Shoppe (a.k.a. 1483322 Ontario Inc.) pleaded guilty and was fined $100,000 after a young worker was killed and others were injured due to overhead powerline contact while erecting a tent for a wedding.
January 28, 2015 - Tangled extension cords and overloaded power outlets in wet locations were just some of the hazards faced by employees at Xpedited Services LLC’s warehouse in New Jersey, an inspection by OSHA’s found.
January 14, 2015 - BC Safety Authority (BCSA) has released its 2015-2017 Business Plan with the theme of “Building Connections”, outlining the organization’s plans for the three-year period in four key strategic areas: safety, clients, people and sustainability.
January 14, 2015 - Hydro One Networks Inc. pleaded guilty and has been fined $325,000 after a worker was killed while moving power equipment at the electricity transmission and distribution company’s Hinchinbrooke Distribution Station.
January 6, 2015 - Texas-based C & H Die Casting Inc. has again been cited by OSHA for exposing workers to electrical hazards, among others.
AEA Learning Expo
March 26, 2019
DesignLights Consortium Annual Stakeholder Meeting
April 1-3, 2019
ICT Canada - Presented by BICSI
April 8-10, 2019