October 12, 2011 – Schneider Electric has joined forces with Telvent to offer “more complete and efficient solutions to their customers”, following the successful completion of the acquisition of Telvent by Schneider.
“I’m convinced that, together, Telvent and Schneider Electric will answer our customers’ sustainability and efficiency challenges for today and tomorrow,” said Michel Crochon, executive vice-president Energy Business, Schneider Electric (in photo).
Telvent’s positioning in infrastructure and software & IT capabilities fits particularly well with Schneider Electric energy and process management expertise and global presence, says Schneider, opening the way to enhancements and unique offerings in the following markets:
• Within smart grid, Telvent grid monitoring and control software complements Schneider field level offer, to enable a more efficient, flexible and secure grid.
• Within oil & gas and water infrastructure, Telvent complements Schneider integrated architecture EcoStruxure to deliver an information management solution for piloting, monitoring and optimizing networks.
• Telvent weather information services will add value across all existing and future Schneider offers, delivering operational benefits in energy, transportation, water, etc.
• In transportation, Telvent intelligent traffic solutions complements Schneider’s offerings in electrical vehicle, security monitoring and energy management for smarter cities.
• Telvent’s Agriculture and Global Services businesses will be further expanded through Schneider Electric global coverage.
“Our customers will continue to receive the same excellent services and solutions they know and trust,” said Ignacio Gonza lez Dominguez, Telvent’s chair and CEO. “Furthermore, this unique combination will reinforce customer benefits thanks to new enhancements and offerings.”
Print this page