Six Canadians recognized with this year’s IEC 1906 Award
By Anthony Capkun
August 30, 2016 – Thanks to Standards Council of Canada (SCC) for letting us know six Canadians received the IEC 1906 Award for their participation in standardization activities benefiting Canada and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). Congratulations to the following:
• Keith Rodel, IEC/TC23 • Electrical accessories (photo)
• Elias Ghannoum, IEC/TC11 • Overhead Lines
• Gordon Chen, IEC/TC65 • Industrial-process measurement, control and automation
• Michel Sabourin, IEC/TC4 • Hydraulic turbines
• Walter Jager, IEC/TC111 • Environmental standardization for electrical and electronic products and systems
• Tatiana Berdinskikh, IEC/TC86 • Fiber Optics
The IEC 1906 Award was established in 2004 to commemorate the year IEC was founded. It recognizes the “invaluable work of technical experts working within the IEC technical committees and subcommittees, drawing attention to their contribution to standardization in the fields covered by IEC”.
Experts who receive this award have made “an exceptional recent contribution to an IEC [technical committee] and the development of a specific work project”.
PHOTO: Keith Rodel. Photo courtesy Hubbell Canada LP.