Six new interactive apps in Eaton’s Houston Experience Center
March 21, 2016 – Eaton recently expanded its Experience Center in Houston, Texas, which now sports six new interactive applications for commercial, oil & gas, data centre, and utility markets. The six application areas include:
• Data centre: hot aisle containment, electrical distribution and emergency backup schemes while learning about solutions for maintaining uptime.
• Power quality lab: with real-time surge events, harmonics and voltage sags, attendees learn about power distribution, surge protection, motor control systems and energy correction capabilities.
• Petrochemical refinery: this full-scale downstream petrochemical plant features complete power distribution, motor protection, process instrumentation and life safety solutions.
• Upstream drilling & production rig: the upstream rig application supports operations and engineering for offshore platforms, helping attendees understand weight savings solutions, power distribution technologies and process management.
• Land-based drilling: featuring variable frequency drives and automated control systems, the drilling unit highlights “energy-cutting advances” and “sustainable procurement” of natural resources.
• Utility & power distribution: learn about energy regulations and smart grid technology through smart grid power distribution technology and medium voltage switchgear.
“This expansion gives attendees the opportunity to experience a range of live applications in one setting,” said Allan Clark, centre manager. “Each new area provides novel learning opportunities, from supporting data center uptime to advanced training within design and build engineering, plant operations and innovative automated control systems within hazardous environments.”