Solid training, skills competition, expo and more in Vancouver during BCEA Electrix
By Anthony Capkun
October 19, 2011 – The British Columbia Electrical Association (BCEA) is putting its best foot forward to make the BCEA Electrix Learning Expo (November 2 at the PNE Forum Building, Vancouver) THE place to be for a solid education lineup, interactive exhibition hall, a BCIT Skills Competition and more. And EBMag will be there as both delegate and sponsor (for the Wi-Fi). Everything you need under one roof!
Besides you, who else should attend?
• Electrical contractors
• Electrical engineers
• HVAC contractors & technicians
• Provincial regulators
• Occupational/environmental H&S professionals
• Industrial maintenance supervisors & personnel
• Safety managers
Killer educational lineup
The education sessions CSA and BCEA have lined up are truly top-notch, with speakers who are leading authorities in their respective fields (and many of whom have appeared in the pages of Electrical Business), including:
• Bob Nelson on CE Code 2012 update, including info on grounding & bounding.
• Dave Smith on an emergency response virtual tour.
• Kerry Heid on guidelines for maintaining electrical systems (intro to CSA Z463).
• Daniel Roberts on CSA Z462, overview and changes.
• Terry Becker on electrical safety program development.
• John Salmon on understanding Sections 50 and 84 solar PV installation safety.
• Ark Tsisserev on electric vehicle installation requirements.
In conjunction with BCIT (British Columbia Institute of Technology), BCEA is conducting a Wiring and Industrial Skills competition for electrical apprentices (Levels 1-4). In both contests, competitors will be judged on code compliance, workmanship and functionality. The competition runs from 12:30 pm to 6:30 pm, with judging at 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
Opening Seminar: 10:30 am to noon
Tradeshow hours: Noon to 8:00 pm (free)
Visit the show to check out the Nissan Leaf and the BC Hydro Mitsubishi iMiev. Find out what you need to know about electric vehicles!
With close to 120 booths, BCEA Electrix Learning Expo provides a great opportunity to “kick the tires” with the latest industry products, services and innovations. As an exhibitor, you’ll be in front of delegates who recognize the importance of continued training & education, and learning about solutions that advance their business goals.
Registering & costs
There is no charge for entrance to the tradeshow portion; however, you need to register to attend. Note, there is a cost to attend seminars.
As for exhibitor booth registration, booths are on a first-come, first-served basis. Shared booths are available at a lower cost.
Learn more at www.bcea.bc.ca and don’t forget to register. See you there!
224 – 3989 Henning Drive
Burnaby, BC V5C 6N5
(604) 291-7708 – Phone
(604) 291-7795 – Fax