Some new faces in AD’s 2021 board of directors
By Anthony Capkun
January 14, 2021 – The member-owners of North American contractor and industrial products wholesale buying group, AD, have elected two new directors and re-elected one director to its 2021 LLC board of directors.
One of the new directors is Steve Drummond, president of Source Atlantic, a distributor of industrial supplies, safety and electrical products, plumbing and heating equipment, and more.
“It’s a great privilege to be elected to the board by the members of AD,” said Drummond. “I’m looking forward to serving with my fellow board members and the AD leadership team to help us all continue to innovate for the future of independent distributors.”
Drummond is also president of Petroservice Ltd., which provides construction, maintenance and supply of materials for the petroleum industry, and has served on several other industry and community boards.
Meantime, Dr. Don McNeeley of Chicago Tube & Iron was also elected to the board, while Lenin Juarez of Action Gypsum Supply LP was re-elected.
“Every member who wants to serve on our boards and committees—regardless of their company’s size, vertical, or how long they’ve been with AD—has the opportunity to do so,” said Bill Weisberg, AD chair & CEO. “We believe everyone has something important to contribute.”
The full slate of 2021 AD LLC board of directors:
• Martin Deschênes, Groupe Deschênes Inc.
• Steve Drummond, Source Atlantic
• Jeff Hockin, Crum Electric Supply (and LLC board lead director)
• Tim Horsman, E.B. Horsman & Son (and AD LLC organizational development committee chair)
• Lenin Juarez, Action Gypsum Supply LP
• Dr. Don McNeeley, Chicago Tube & Iron
• Chrissy Nardini, American Metals Supply Co.
• Jeff Pope, F.W. Webb Company
• Donald Slominski Jr., McNaughton McKay Electric Company (and AD LLC audit committee chair)
• Bill Weisberg, AD
• David White, Border States Electric
• John Wiborg, Stellar Industrial Supply Inc. (and AD LLC nominating & governance committee chair)
“The deep commitment these directors demonstrate through their eagerness to serve and participate is incredibly inspiring,” added Weisberg. “Our corporate board, divisional boards and committees—with the support and advocacy our AD team—are totally dedicated to a solid future for our community of more than 850 independents.”
AD’s 850-plus independent member owners span 13 divisions across the U.S., Canada and Mexico, with annual sales exceeding $45 billion. With its roots in electrical distribution, AD’s 12 divisions now also include industrial, safety, bearings & power transmission, plumbing, PVF, HVAC, decorative brands and building materials.