July 30, 2013 – Sun Country Highway (SCH) says it is transforming Ontario’s West Coast into one of the most electric vehicle (EV)-friendly regions in province with its launch of EV charging infrastructure from London to Owen Sound.
Adding up to 15 more units, the chargers will expand SCH’s publicly accessible network along Highway 21 and Highway 4, as well as in seven municipalities. The stations will offer free charging.
“The addition of these EV Chargers to the region showcases a commitment to environmental, social and economic sustainability for these regions—this is a huge step forward to promote electric vehicles and to drive eco-tourism,” said Christopher Misch, vice president at SCH.
From July 30 to August 1, SCH, in collaboration with 11 organizations and local governments, will showcase the new charging infrastructure and SCH’s Tesla Roadster (in photo) in these areas:
• Komoka – Municipality of Middlesex Centre, 9am-10am
• Ailsa Craig – Municipality of North Middlesex, 11am-12pm
• Park Hill – Municipality of North Middlesex, 1pm-2pm
• Grand Bend – TBA, 2:30pm-3:30pm
• Goderich – Town of Goderich, 9am-10am
• Kincardine – Leader Resources, 10:30am-11:30am
• Owen Sound – Best Western Inn on The Bay, 1pm-2pm
• Hanover – Town of Hanover, 3pm-4pm
• Wingham – Municipality of North Huron, 9am-10am
• Clinton – Municipality of Central Huron, 10:30am-11:30am
• Exeter – Crabby Joes Restaurant, 12pm-12:30pm
• London – Budweiser Gardens, City of London, 1:30pm-2:30pm
Photo courtesy Sun Country Highway.
Print this page