Tim Horsman of E.B. Horsman & Son thanks YOU for great 2013 fundraising
August 9, 2013 | By Anthony Capkun
August 9, 2013 – In a letter to staff and friends, E.B. Horsman president, Tim Horsman, writes: “As E.B. Horsman & Son embarks on a new year of fundraising for our charity of choice—the BC Children’s Hospital Fund—I want to take a moment to thank all of you from around this province […] for your dedicated support and contribution to this great cause!”
Horsman says the electrical distributorship was able to present a cheque for $50,000 at this past June’s BC Children’s Hospital Telethon. “With your generosity, we have been able to donate a total of $597,236 since we began this initiative, and we are now just over halfway to our $1-million+ goal… no small feat for a BC family business,” added Horsman.
It was in 1992, under the fourth-generation leadership of George Horsman, that E.B. Horsman started supporting the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation.
“Our fundraising efforts are mostly smaller, home-grown efforts by committed individuals of our company that personally go the extra mile in some meaningful way,” explains Horsman, adding, “2012/2013 was no exception, as this year’s successful fundraiser activities included such events as”:
• The Horsman Horseman slo-pitch team raised $3060.
• The E.B. Horsman & Son Child Run Team were the fourth-largest corporate donor, raising $21,675.
• Vernon Branch Hockey Pool, in which staff raised $3530.
• The Vernon Branch again for raising $1600 at the Jeans Day BBQ.
• Jeff Janzen’s (Penticton Branch) 17th Annual Nascar pool that raised $1000.
• All branches that raised over $5900 at Jeans Day BBQs.
• The Campbell River Poker tournament raised $1270.
• The Supplier Appreciation Invitational raised over $2370.
• Company-wide Children’s Hospital hoodie sales raised over $2400.
“Thank you for supporting E.B. Horsman & Son and our fundraising efforts over the years,” adds Horsman.
Print this page