BICSI releases newly revised ICT Cabling Installation Program for 2017
March 29, 2017 - BICSI has released the latest update to its ICT Cabling Installation Program.
The goal of the program is to produce “highly competent cabling installers, providing a career path consisting of four progressive courses and credentialing exams”. This approach allows students to begin with basic fundamentals and build upon that knowledge, the organization says.
Program highlights include:
• A complete suite of instructor-led installation classes, accommodating entry-level to expert-level experience:
- Installer 1 (INST1) Non-Renewable Certificate
- Installer 2, Copper (INSTC)
- Installer 2, Optical Fiber (INSTF)
- Technician (TECH)
• New training format, including talking points and discussion topics.
• Learn to conduct site surveys and install, terminate, and test copper and optical fiber cable.
• Each course offers four-and-a-half days of intensive cabling installation training, followed by a hands-on and multiple choice credential exam.
• Developed by experts in the field and from information found in BICSI’s Information Technology Systems Installation Methods Manual (ITSIMM), 7th edition.
“With our newly revised ICT Cabling Installation Program, BICSI is on the cutting edge of training for cabling installers and technicians. Individuals taking BICSI Installation courses can be certain they will be learning the most advanced techniques in the industry, as well as the latest codes, standards and best practices,” said BICSI president Brian Ensign. “This program is the product of hundreds of hours of development, testing, knowledge sharing and preparation from a very dedicated group of volunteers and staff members. I would like to sincerely thank them for all of their efforts in making this program the best yet.”
For more information about BICSI’s ICT Cabling Installation Program, visit bicsi.org/installation.
Gerrie Electric 60th Anniversary Selling Show 1 of 2
September 20, 2017
IAEI Canadian Section Meeting 2017
September 22-24, 2017
BICSI 2017 Fall Conference & Exhibition
September 24-28, 2017