Traxon Ecue and Osram-Philips cross-license program
By Anthony Capkun
Traxon Technologies, an Osram company, is participating in a cross-license agreement concluded by Osram and Philips for LED-based technology used in luminaires.
The agreement involves the mutual licensing of patents for all
inorganic and organic LEDs and system components. All Traxon fixtures
include key components that are individually designed by Traxon/e:cue
or Osram Group companies and, thus, are protected by the cross-license
Traxon can guarantee its customers to be safe of any license fees
claimed by Royal Philips Electronics N.V. when using Traxon/e:cue
fixtures for projects or selling to customers. The special right
relates not only to patents held by Philips, but also to patents held
by Color Kinetics and TIR Systems, which were acquired by Philips. In
general, the advantages for Traxon’s customers include:
• Royalty-free license under all patents of the Philips SSL program
within the field of architectural lighting, theatrical lighting,
general lighting, display and video applications (except LCD)
• Full design freedom without patent restrictions
• No need for critical product checking in regard to patent infringements
• No-risk use of Traxon/e:cue/Osram/Philips LED systems and key components
• Avoidance of possible conflicts with Philips SSL Program
The cross-license program with Osram enables Traxon to better serve the
demands of the solid-state lighting market, it says, strengthening its
position as global LED system provider.
CLICK HERE for Traxon.
CLICK HERE for e:cue.