Want to understand College of Trades? Attend upcoming Consultation Session
May 12, 2011 By Anthony Capkun
May 13, 2011 – EBMag has just learned that the focus group consultation sessions (described below) have been deferred until further notice. We’ll keep you posted! (Editor)
May 12, 2011 – Established by the Government of Ontario in October 2009, the Ontario College of Trades will be operational in late 2012. Its stated goal is to “build the professional profile of the skilled trade sector and cultivate a culture of opportunity for trades training and growth in the industry”. Ultimately, the college will be making decisions that will impact the work and business of Ontario’s trades people, and it wants your views on two important issues:
1. Classes of membership in the Ontario College of Trades.
2. Appropriate fee collection mechanisms.
The college has engaged Prism Economics and Analysis to assist in managing the consultation process with key organizations and representative stakeholders. Here’s your chance to participate in a consultation session to be held from 9 am to 11 am on the following dates/locations:
• May 24 – Sault Ste. Marie – Delta Sault Ste Marie Waterfront Hotel and Conference Centre, 208 St Mary’s River Drive, (705)-949-0611
• May 25, – Thunder Bay – Valhalla Inn, 1 Valhalla Inn Road, (807)-577-1121
• May 26 – Hamilton – Crowne Plaza Hotel Hamilton, 150 King Street East, (905)-528-3451
• May 30 – Windsor – Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor Hotel, 430 Ouellette Avenue, (519)-256-4656
• May 30 – Ottawa – Algonquin College (Room T106), 1385 Woodroffe Avenue, (613) 727-4723 ext. 5138
• May 31 – Oshawa – Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, 1011 Bloor Street East, (905) 576-5101
• June 1 – York Region – Delta Markham, 50 East Valhalla Drive, (905)-477-2010
• June 2 – Mississauga – Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East Hotel, 600 Dixon Road, (416)-240-7511
Interested? Email Sonya Tomas at email@example.com to RSVP. If you have any questions regarding the consultation session, contact Sonya at (800) 959-3142 / (416) 484-6996. Feel free to pass this invitation on to any of your colleagues who would be interested in participating in the consultation on these matters.
Also, you can download (see below) a background document that gives an overview of the Ontario College of Trades and the two issues to be discussed at the focus group session.
Print this page