January 8, 2016 By Anthony Capkun
January 7, 2016 – Thanks to ECAO for tipping us off to Ontario’s Electrical Safety Authority’s 2016 wiring fee increase, which goes into effect tomorrow, January 8, 2016.
All wiring fee items will increase by an average 1%. In addition, a number of individual fee prices have been adjusted:
• All Service Reconnect fees will equalize at the 2015 rate of $296 followed by the 2016 1% fee increase.
• All Miscellaneous fees will equalize at the 2015 rate of $150 followed by the 2016 1% fee increase.
• Labour fee and Plan Review items increase by 1.75%.
• An adjustment to the way fees are set for large New Residential Single Family Dwellings:
– “Very Large Houses” are defined as 7000 sf or more of indoor liveable space.
– Fees for “Very Large Houses” with existing service size breaks of up to 200A and between 201A to 400A will increase from $217 to $452.
– Fees for “Very Large Houses” with service size break 401A and over will follow Commercial pricing methods instead of Residential.
– “Very Large Houses” permits are entitled up to three inspection visits; for members of the Authorized Contractor Program (ACP), two visits.
• An adjustment to the way fees are set for New Apartment Buildings:
– The existing fee of $96 for each of the first 4 units remains.
– The fee for additional units will remain $47 per unit when the device count per unit is 80 or less, but increase to $96 per unit for 81+ devices.
Download the PDF below, “2016 Electrical Inspection Fee Guide”.
Forward any comments or questions regarding the 2016 fee schedules to ESA Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Print this page